Definition: (Between Urinary Bladder and Urethra are kind of gland) inflammation or contamination. Prostatitis is not contagious. It accompany with prostate cancer rarely.
Related Body Parts: Prostate Gland
Age/Sex: Adolescence and adult men
Symptom: Desire to urinate often (burning pain when urinating)
– Frequent urinating (waking up to urinate during the night)
– When urinating have hard time to empty bladder.
– Fever, Chill
– Pain halfway between scrotum and anal.
– Joints and muscle pain
– Showing blood when urinating
– Lower back area pain
– When doctor examine, feeling pain
Factor: Bacteria contamination (generally Gram’s negative bacteria found in excretion )
Bacteria contaminated will be reached at prostate through blood , Lymphatic system or
Bacteria contaminated will be reached at prostate directly though Urethra .
Risk Factor: Recent contamination in Urethra.
– Excessive drinking alcoholic beverage.
Protection: If one who has no past history of Prostatitis practices energetic sex life and has no possibility that leads to Prostatitis. The patient who has experience of Prostatitis can reduce chance of relapse of Prostatitis
Diagnosis: Observe and self examine whether or not abnormality is present.
Observation by Doctor:
– Urine test and experimental test that cultivate secretion which is can be
acquired when doctor examine prostate .
Complication: If it is not treated following symptom listed below can appear.
– Blood poisoning (bacteria enters in the blood vessel around the whole body)
– Chronic bacteria or anti-bacteria infection. (this is similar to Prostatitis but reoccurrence is easier and hard to be treated)
Treatment Prognosis: Treatment is possible but most of time reoccurs.
1. Home Remedy
– Everyday, at least 3 times seat in 41.1 degree water for 15 minutes filling the container about 15 to 20 cm of warm water . Possibly do not use still water but flowing, circulating water.
2. Medication Therapy
– Antibiotic (take at least 30 days) Precaution in daily life
– Lie down and rest until fever and pain is gone. Afterward, get back to normal life.
– Even after diagnosed with Prostatitis, it’s helpful to have sex life.
– Condition(symptoms) will be lessened in 1-10 days.
– Not required
– Avoid drinking alcoholic beverage and pungent food intake
– In order to urinate smoothly, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water.
When to consult the Specialist:
– When symptoms felt.
– While treating symptoms, get worse or gets fever.
– After 3 days of treatment, symptoms don’t improve.
– After treatment, reoccurrence of symptom.